Friday, April 11, 2008

THE SARCOID ADVENTURE-Part 4-THE CURE

FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH DR. GEORGE

February 19th finally came, and I was not disappointed. Jim and I are impressed with Dr. George as a person and as a professional. He not only seems to know his stuff, but he is a kind individual. He's used to dealing with a lot of people who are very ill, and he does it in a kind way. We like his staff personnel as well.

Dr. George told us that symptoms just reflect the condition of the body. His goal was to determine what is causing my symptoms and to nourish and enrich my body so that it could heal itself through regeneration. He told us that he has cured many with sarcoid. He said that eventually all the symptoms will just go away--including the breathing difficulties.

I gave him a very extensive history that I had written down. He appreciated that and said he would study it carefully. He asked me a few brief, but to-the-point questions. Then he looked at my skin, and tongue and my arms and legs. He had me walk, tested my eyes, and briefly listened with a stethoscope on several places on my body. (I had the impression that perhaps he was taking pulses, but I don't know for sure.)

He said he has three immediate goals for me:
1. Get my energy back.
2. Stop the degeneration of my body.
3. Improve my blood.

He prescribed 17 liquid homeopathic remedies, to be taken in various combinations 5 times per day. (I was glad to receive liquids because my body has problems taking lots of pills.)

He asked me to bring several things on my next visit:
• A copy of the original biopsy report that diagnosed the sarcoid.
• Copies of any lab reports for the last year or so.

He said would talk to me about diet next time. Time actually with him was about 45 minutes. We felt he accomplished a great deal in that time.

Penelope had told me that the changes she noticed were very subtle, especially at first, and that it took about three months before she noticed significant improvement. I didn't notice a whole lot at first. If anything I had more headaches and joint aches than usual. Then suddenly on Friday March 21 I felt JUST AWFUL. Fortunately the sun was shining that day, so I went and sat on the deck and got some sun. I also drank lots of water, and slept a lot.

The next day, March 22, I woke up at 5:30 a.m. feeling fabulous, and having lots of energy. I got more done that day than I had in months, and I continued to feel great for the next four days until we left to go see Dr. George again for my next appointment on March 27.

SECOND APPOINTMENT

We ran into a glitch on our way to the second appointment, because that was the day American Airlines grounded 41 planes, including ours, so that they could check wiring. We're glad that the plane we did take was safe to fly, but it was 5 hours later. We didn't get to our hotel room until midnight, and the appointment was the next morning. We learned that we didn't allow enough time. We left on Wed for a Thursday appointment, and came back on Friday. It was just too hard. Next time we will allow an extra day.

Dr. George was pleased with my progress and so were Jim and I. He said my color was better and asked what we had noticed. I told him about my fabulous days. Jim told him that when he sits next to me in church he can tell that I'm breathing better. A friend also noticed that my singing voice is stronger.

I also told him that I am not sleeping any better and that I've been having even more post-nasal drip than usual. He asked if I cough and I told him I did some, but it was just because of the drainage. It was not a lung thing.

He observed me while we were talking and wrote out a new plan of homeopathic remedies. This time they consist of 23 different things--again to be taken in various combinations 5 times a day. While he was writing he told me about various foods that he wanted to emphasize. And that was it.

He wanted me to emphasize the following foods:

Artichokes
Avocadoes
Mangoes
Papya
Walnuts
Red lentils
Mung beans
String beans
Red potatoes
Small amounts of brown rice
Have 50-75 grams of protein a day
Turkey
(People with sarcoid shouldn't eat beef)
Trout, White fish, salmon, halibut, orange roughy
Cornish game hens

Onward & Upward

3 comments:

Helena said...

Sounds encouraging!

I think we used to get Cornish game hens at the Morris center every once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is a lot of stuff that has been going on. I hope that you continue feeling better.

Too bad you can't eat beef--that is one of the things I have been craving lately--that and cheese.

This is all very interesting and I hope that you do continue to see improvements and results.

Doesn't your brother have a form of sarcoid too, but not in his lungs? I thought you said that once.

Kathey said...

My brother has it in his lungs, and a cousin has/had a skin form. --K