Friday, February 29, 2008

Our February 29th

Today was busy. I completed Helen’s blog, and sent out e-mails to people to let them know. It was amazing how long everything took, but I wanted to word things well. Then after I’d sent out the e-mails I realized I’d forgotten to include the blog address, so I had to send them out again. BUT it's DONE! I'm so glad. It has been a long time coming. It has been a very worthwhile project, and I've been grateful to be able to do it. There are actually two blogs for her--one regular, and another that contains the unabridged texts of all the talks that were given at her funeral. I put blog counters on each of her blogs. Only three people have left comments, but 55 people have looked at the main one since this morning. 15 have also looked at the talk blog. That's good to know.

Then to celebrate February 29 our family went to Outback Steakhouse. We also rented the movie Stardust. From the commercials I saw about Stardust, I really didn’t think I would like it, but I really did. It was not a movie for little kids, (Kirsten went to bed before it was over) but it was a fun flick that told a sweet story with a happy ending. Helena told me it was somewhat like The Princess Bride, and it really was, although it was very different. Anyway, I’d recommend it. Jim and Betsey really enjoyed it too.

4 comments:

Helena said...

Oh, good! I'm glad you liked it. I got a kick out of the dead brothers. Heh.

Mamapierce said...

Outback Steakhouse - YUM! What did you get there? Anna loves the coconut shrimp. :o)

I've never heard of the movie STARDUST. We'll have to check that out! :o)

Kathey said...

I got a kick out of the dead brothers too. They were a hoot. There were quite a few things in the movie that were really different--like the pirate ship that floated around in the sky.

I had the salmon at Outback.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a fun time celebrating. It's always fun to have leap year.