Thursday, February 28, 2008

Does Elizabeth Look Like Peter? (Her Daddy) What Do You Think?

The following picture was taken in September of 1977. Peter was 9 1/2 months old. Helena (on the left) was 6 1/2, and Kirsten was 8. Jim and Kathey were 35. I love those Polly Flinders dresses the girls are wearing. Some friends and I used to go to the Polly Flinders outlet in Cincinnati. They were seconds so we got those dresses for 3 or 4 dollars each.


In the next picture Peter is 5 months old.



Little Miss Valentine Elizabeth is 5 weeks old here

This is a nice one of her looking at the camera on blessing day.

It will be interesting to see how she looks when she is a little older. Who do you think she looks like?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to tell if she really does look like him from those pictures, but I still LOVE that blue and orange dress. I think it is one of my favorite dresses ever.

Kathey said...

I really like the dress too. Laurelle gave it to me years ago. I wonder if she remembers?

Karen Ahlstrom said...

Peter's hair looks reddish in the second picture. Was it? or is it just the lighting.

I do see a lot of Peter in Elizabeth -- and occasionally a bit of Elizabeth in Peter. A couple weeks ago when he was sick, I went into the bedroom to ask him if he'd like some soup. He had been drowsing, and when he jolted awake, he flung his arms out, and stared around wide-eyed just like she does.