Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

This picture of Helena and Kate was taken on Mother's Day, so I decided to add it here. I really like it. Kate is not quite 3 1/2.
I received this lovely family portrait as a Mother's Day gift from Peter and Karen. It's gorgeous! This was taken April 18, so Elizabeth is 3 months old. I love it!
At school, Kirsten made this lovely Mother's Day decoration for me. We have it hanging on the doorknob in the kitchen, where I can see it easily. She also made a little clip-on flower which I wore to church today.

Betsey made a Mother's Day Dinner of roast beef, red-skin potatoes and yams. She asked what kind of vegetable I wanted to go with it. I told her that I really wanted asparagus, so Jim went out in our rather soggy back yard (we've had a lot of rain) and picked some in. YUM.

Barbie and Kyle called and sang "Happy Mother's Day To You," very creatively. Then she and I had a long telephone visit. They moved into their new house yesterday, so there was lots to talk about.

Helena and Doug called and also sang "Happy Mother's Day To You." They actually sounded quite normal. :-) I told her it was a fun tradition, and she said it was very adaptable. (We also sing "Happy Anniversary to You," etc.)

Peter called, but it was right while we were having Family Home Evening, so I asked if we could talk later. For FHE the family sang "Mother Dear, I Love You So." We then went over the calendar for the week. Betsey read my Mother's Day cards out loud, which was cute, and Jim read a story from the Friend magazine. Ordinarily for FHE we read more stories, and Jim also reads something from the Ensign, but this time, Kirsten was falling asleep so we stopped early.

When Peter called back we had a nice visit. He thanked me for being a really good mom. He also told me they saw the new movie "Iron Man" last night. He said it was very entertaining, had a great ending, and had only 20 seconds of objectionable material. That's quite an endorsement.

We'll, all in all, it's been a really nice day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry my card for you didn't have enough postage--as soon as I find my stamps I'll get it in the mail for you.

I don't know if you could understand it, but when Kyle was singing, he was saying "Happys Mother's Days Toos Yous"--I can't imagine why he added an s onto everything. He is just funny sometimes. He was grinning at himself hte whole time too--that was the best part.

I'm glad you had a nice day. I love you!