Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Final Farewell

I took my camera to church today because I never did get a picture last night of the whole Greenwood family. Good-byes are always hard. April and Sydney were only 2 and 1 when the family moved here. After five years the girls are now 7 and 6. This is the only home they remember and that made it especially hard.
April and Sydney are standing in front. Back row: Roger holding Caleb, age 1, Marci holding Kelsey, age 3, I think. Mom and Dad know how to smile for a camera, but I think the children's faces reflect how they all felt.
Sydney had tears streaming down her face as they turned to walk down the hall. I quickly snapped this picture as Mother and Daughter stopped to soak in one last look at this picture depicting the Savior giving The Sermon on the Mount. Not only is the family bidding farwell to home and friends, but to the church building they have loved as well. It was a bittersweet, tender moment.

No comments: