Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!

As a friend of mine used to say:
Spring has sprung, the grass is riz.
I wonder where the birdies is?
Well I’m glad that spring has sprung. We suddenly have robins all over the place as if to testify that it really has happened. As Jim’s dad used to say:
'Tis time of spring when poets sing
Of how the bird is on the wing.
But on my word, that is absurd
Because the wing is on the bird!
It's fun to see and hear so many robins. Sometimes we do see a few robins here in the winter, but the past few days it's like they have converged on our area for a musical convention, and I love it!

We also have purple and yellow crocus blooming, and the daffodils have huge buds on them. The maple tree buds are getting bigger and bigger, and it won't be long before the forsythia bushes burst into bloom.

Happy Spring Everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO GLAD spring is finally here. We've had nice sunshine the last couple of days, and we've been able to enjoy walking outside! It sure is nice. Enjoy!

Mamapierce said...

I can't wait for it to actually LOOK like spring outside...I'm eager to get our square garden going! :o)