Sunday, March 16, 2008

These Made Me Smile Today

Kirsten would make a good mom. It has to do with the "radar" that all moms develop so that they know what the kids are doing in the next room. I think Kristen came with hers intact. In this case she always knows what is being said in the next room whether or not it involves her. After dinner, Jim and I were still sitting at the table. We gate our little dog, Angie, while we eat because she would be scrounging under the table the whole time otherwise. I don't particularly like to eat with her head in my lap.

Since we were through eating, Jim let her out. Well, I forgot that if I'm sitting at the table, Angie is going to come around just to see if I'm eating. She's always hopeful. Well, our little dog has bad breath and she pointed it my way. I commented about her bad breath and said it was probably from the sardine juice she had earlier, or perhaps it might be from her teeth and gums. And then I said "I wonder if dogs have tonsils?"

From the next room, Kirsten exclaimed "No!"

I don't know why that tickled me so much. It was said in such a matter-of-fact manner that it was really amusing. I giggled about that one for several minutes.

And earlier today I was removing some greens from the steamer basket with a pair of tongs. Jim was standing by the sink. I held up the tongs and said "I wonder if they have tongs in Tonga?" He groaned appropriately. Then about a minute later he said something like "Of course they don't have any in Tonga. Didn't you know that 'Tonga' stands for 'Tong Gone?'"

OK, so it's probably not funny to anyone else, and I admit that we have an amazingly low amusement threshold, but I got some good chuckles out of that too. Well, you would have had to be there I guess… :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss 'mommy jokes'.

Kirsten is too funny!